Questions we have concerning the Conservation authorities.
1) How much land in Ontario is currently owned in fee simple by the 36 CA’s?
2) Are the Conservation Authorities second only to the Crown in number of acres owned and or controlled in Ontario?
3) Do the Conservation Authorities pay municipal taxes on the land they own, and if so, at what rate?
4) In the event one or more of the CA’s is eliminated, as municipalities have the right to accomplish, who does their land escheat to?
5) Are the Conservation Authorities government agencies?
6) What role does Conservation Ontario play in administration, regulation and operation of the CA’s?
7) What is the exact nature of Conservation Ontario’s relationship with the 36 CA’s regarding funding and transfer of assets?
8) What is the exact nature of Conservation Ontario’s relationship with the Province of Ontario?
9) Who finances Conservation Ontario and what is their tax status?